Williams Belle is one of the founding members of the Yamakasi group, and also a creator of the Art Du Déplacement movement. After Génération Yamakasi, he spent a year and a half in Hong Kong where he trained boxing and muay thai. He took up photography and cinematography and is working towards being a director as well as performing in films. His film credits include Johnny English Reborn (2011), Taxi 2 (2000), The Great Challenge (2004) and of course the first step of Art Du Déplacement, Parkour and Free running become a worldwide movement, the Yamakasi (2001). He is also deeply involved in wall climbing and being inspired of this discipline. He is the youngest in the group of the founders. During the years of practice and coaching he developed his own method called the Williams Belle Method. His capacities to move are seemingly limitless, even during the most difficult challenges he stays soft and light. His movements are filled with elegance and some outstanding quality.
- How does he connect working on the quality of the movement with the practice of physical skills?
- Where does he focus his attention during movement, more to internal or external stimuli? He completes great challenges with a smile. He goes into it with full energy without hesitation. He uses his energies in a very balanced way, always investing the optimal amount. He does so even if he faces serious counter- forces or needs to deal with a wide range of dynamical levels.
- How does he practice to concentrate his energies always to the right thing?
- How does he controls his thoughts to be able to deal with the risk and uncertain outcome? He is an extremely dedicated mover, driven by strong and pure motivation, which gives him the power to always outperform himself. He seeks for challenges and demanding situations, where he needs to go beyond the limits of his strength, endurance, resistance and mental control.
- How does he self- talk and directs his cognitive power to solve extremely difficult movement- situations?
- How does he rewards himself after a successful trial?
- How does he reconstructs his practice and mental strength after a failure?
During Flying Bodies Paris, he will answer such questions, present his method, and share
his experiences and spirit!